The Converia Virtual Venue requires minimal technical resources and no special software needs to be downloaded or installed in order to use it. The Virtual Venue is completely browser-based.
To ensure that everything runs smoothly, however, you should consider the following:
- A stable internet connection, preferably wired (LAN), wireless (WiFi) or mobile (LTE) with good reception is required. Simultaneously running updates, downloads, file sharing or streaming processes – also when run by other users of the same internet connection – may affect the Virtual Venue experience. Free bandwidth per user should be at least 2MBPS download and 1 MBPS upload.
- You can test the actual bandwidth at https://www.speedtest.net/
- We recommend using a PC/Mac with dual core CPU and at least 4GB RAM, an Android device with version 6.0 or higher or an iOS device running version 12.2 or higher.
- An up-to-date browser is required. We recommend using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge. Please update your browser prior to the conference if there’s an update available.
- It may be necessary to temporarily turn off your browser’s ad blocker.
- Please log in a few days before the start of the event in order to avoid or solve possible difficulties.
- If you are connected via a company network (VPN), please check beforehand whether the restrictions of the firewall or the configuration of your company computer allow the use of the Virtual Venue without restrictions. If necessary, speak with your IT department.
- An option for sound output (speakers or headphones) should be available.
- A built-in microphone or a microphone as part of a headset is recommended.
- A webcam is recommended.
In conference rooms, it is recommended to leave the cameras and microphones switched off in order to keep the load of video transmissions low for both the server‘s side as well as on the side of the participants.